This is the second year I have been involved in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and neither year was I disappointed. Both years I have met and became friends with bloggers, found new and fun recipes, brainstormed like nobody’s business, and of course checked out the massive amounts of pictures on instagram and twitter.
I love that co-founders Lindsey and Julie are so passionate about this swap that they partnered with OXO and their charity, cookies for kids cancer. Each of us who signed up were given a super cute and fun spatula!
This year I sent cookies to –
Shelby of The Life & Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Rachel of Teacher-Chef
Jillian of Goodbye Fat, Hello Jill
I hope you enjoyed them ladies! And I hope they arrived safely!
I received cookies from –
1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Liz at YumAtFirstBite
2. Cranberry Almond Biscotti from Flavia at Flaviasflavors
3. Salted Vanilla Chip Oatmeal Cookies from LeAndra at LoveAndFlour
The shear variety of cookies I received this year completely astounded me! They were all incredibly delicious but in very different ways! Click on the links to the blogs above and see the recipes!
Now, for the recipe!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Stick of Butter, melted
- 2 packages Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 package of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350, position your rake to the middle of your oven.
- Mix all ingredients in your stand mixer, except mini marshmallows and chips.
- When all ingredients are mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop, by teaspoons, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes
- Pull cookie sheet out of the oven and working quickly, press 2-3 mini marshmallows into the cookies.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes, keep an eye on the cookies so the marshmallows don’t melt all over.
- Cool for about 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Want to join the swap next year? Click here!
PS – Did I tell you how I packaged my cookies? I worked on it for a very long time!